Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Bitter Ending

Hey Everyone!

Hope you all are having a great start to the fall season. So recently we have posted a status on our facebook page asking which bakery we should go to next. We got some great suggestions and decided to take Amanda's suggestion to go to Bittersweet Bakery. Originally Nancy and I were going to go on her birthday, but since I am going to make her an awesome cake, we didn't want to eat too much desserts in one day and choose to go last Saturday.

We were very excited to try Bittersweet because we heard great things about them. When we arrived, we were looking at all the pretty cookies and treats they had. Our favorite design was a cookie shaped and decorated as a pink poodle! I noticed that were numbers we were suppose to pick up, kind of like when you are at deli. I picked up numbers for Nancy and I while we were still trying to decide from the only three cupcake options they had. The workers kept asking Nancy and I if we were ready and seemed a little annoyed that we were taking a while to make up our mind. Nancy choose a banana cupcake and I went for the chocolate peanut truffle cupcake.

Now, what I didn't mention earlier is this place isn't just a bakery, they also serve a limited lunch so the place was more like a cafe. The lady asked if we were going to eat there or take it to go, and of course we wanted to eat there. We had a wait for them to clear off the empty tables because they were still full of dirty dishes and TIP... Okay I understand that people will tip for the lunch, but all the workers had to do for us was put the pre-made cupcake on a plate and set it down in front of us. So honestly we felt like we shouldn't have tipped them.

But anyways back to the cupcakes, Nancy's was basically banana bread shaped as a cupcake. Nancy really liked it, but to me it wasn't much of a cupcake although her frosting was a lot better than mine. My cupcake was a chocolate cake with super artificial vanilla frosting. The texture of the frosting was very distinctive and had like a slimy coating. It's hard to explain but it's like the same type of frosting that Swirlz cupcakes use. The frosting had no real flavor. The only peanut flavor in my cupcake was from a huge hard truffle that was in the middle of my cupcake. To say the least, I was not pleased with this cupcake. However, I really want to try something else from them, possibly their cookies.

When the "waitress" dropped off our check, we walked to the counter to pay. The cashier asked if we are putting the tip on our card. At first Nancy and I decided we weren't going to tip at all but after the cashier was asking us, it made us feel uncomfortable and rude if we didn't leave anything, even though they did not deserve it. We both ended up giving a dollar tip each, so the total amount for our cupcakes was over $4!!!

So what I want to know is what do you guys think about tipping them? Should we have just said no or did they deserve to get tip? Let us know your thoughts!

Lastly, we want to make a shout out to James for making us this cool picture(inserted below) for our site in honor of Nancy's 21st birthday coming up. We love the quote and we totally are going to us it! Ahh can't wait for Nancy's birthday!!


Till next time,
The sweetest girls on the web <3

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Loveeee it :) HAHA I laughedddd. Omg our livess I want to go to sensational bites!!!!!!

Melanie said...

Sensational bites is def next on our list!

Kerri said...

No way should you have tipped them. Wow. It was rude of them to ask!

P.S. Miss you Nancy-poo! Can't believe you are nearly 21?!

Nancy Sevilla said...

Haha I know right... we were definitely pressured. And I miss you too girl! When are you gonna come visit me?? Yeahh 21 this Friday!!! :)

James said...

The picture just fits right in, doesn't it? I'm sorry about your trip, girls. Better luck next time!

Happy birthday, Nancy! ;)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio