Sunday, May 23, 2010

We are so unsuccessful but still achievers! (May 3, 2010)

The school year is coming to an end, and it’s sad to say that our site wasn’t such a huge success. However, as much as we tried our best we still accomplished one thing, and that was trying most of Chicagoland’s greatest cupcake places. We are very unfortunate but at the same time it was fun. We didn’t let one thing get in our way, besides our main goal was to have a taste of each place that Chicago had to offer. We didn’t get around to visit all the cupcake places we listed in our ‘Locations’ tab, but we did our best and that is all that matters. This year may be ending but we still have the summer and of course next year! We have time, and maybe someday our dream will come true.


Anyways, Melanie has not been to a cupcake place in a while due to her giving up “sweets” for a month! ICK! I on the other end was supposed to join that pledge too but I couldn’t do it. I just couldn’t. Sweets are my addiction, maybe someday I will give it up but not soon! So while she is on her little mission, I went to two cupcake places since I’ve last updated. I went to Phoebe’s and Molly’s Cupcakes. Both were very delicious and have good things to say about them.


One. Phoebe’s Cupcakes were way better this time. It’s funny because they definitely took my comment on YELP.com seriously. I didn’t think they read that stuff, but I had posted a comment about them a while back and they took my comment into consideration. I basically wrote how the first time I went that the cupcakes tasted like dog food!! But because of that I think was the cupcakes used to be next to the “pupcakes” in the display case. So when I went there for my second time, I saw that the “pupcakes” were placed in a separate shelf. When I was at Phoebe’s I had tried the Peanut Butter Fudgy Brownie and my friend Sarah got the Very Vanilla. They were both scrumptious but we definitely agreed mine was better. Mine had chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting on top. Sarah’s is very explanatory, given the name. It had vanilla cake with vanilla frosting and since it was around Easter time, they included an Egg non edible décor. And of course, to answer anyone’s question the cupcakes DID NOT taste like dog food this time. J However I wouldn't say that place is as good as Sweet Mandi B’s or Molly’s.


Two. I recently went to Molly’s Cupcakes last weekend because I was already in the area. Funny thing is I went to Molly’s with the same friend, Sarah. She’s never been there before so it was pretty exciting! I decided to order something that I already have tasted and one that is my most favorite, the ‘Cookies and Cream’ one. To refresh your memory, this one is a chocolate cake with a chocolate filling inside. It also is topped with chocolate frosting, whipped cream and of course a half oreo to top it off! No wonder I love it so much, such a chocolate-lover treat! Sarah tried the ‘Cookie Monster’, again my 2nd most favorite cupcake at Molly’s. And simply, it’s a chocolate chip cake with cookie dough in the center. It’s topped with whipped cream and chocolate chip pieces. Seriously to die for, you must try! Sarah thought this place so cute, and everything is so orderly there, including the employees! The whole environment is so fun and friendly, just the way I like it.
Well that is all for now, but hopefully Melanie’s little promise will end soon so we can get a chance to try new places. Catch a later guys!


If you haven’t already, please tell your cupcake lover friends about our site! And it would be excellent if you guys comment on our blogs, pictures, anything! It would literally make our day and it will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.


Much Love, Nancy

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio