Sunday, May 23, 2010

Just around the area (November 8, 2009)

Wow, what a beautiful day it was today! A perfect day to spend it at the Old Orchard mall (an outdoor mall) located in Skokie, IL. Well anyway, while shopping there, my mom and I had a chance to make a pit stop at "Mrs A's Cupcakes". This cupcake place was located right by the Nordstrom department store. It's not technically a "cupcake" place, even if the name of the place is called that. They sold mainly, cookies, cakes, and other desserts. They had a total of five choices of cupcake flavors: Chocolate Chocolate, Red Velvet, Vanilla, Carrot, and Chocolate Fudge. The place was really tiny, it reminded me of a "Mrs. Fields".
When I ordered, the employees (specifically an asian/hawaiian (I could be wrong) lady) was so rude. When we first came in, she had greeted us but in a very negative tone. She watched as I looked through the different flavors they had. Strangely, they had no name tags on each flavor! So I asked her what flavor was each, and she again was responding very rudely. I felt so uncomfortable, that I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. I bought the "chocolate chocolate" cupcake, and it costed $2.75 with tax. The lady then started laughing with the rest of her coworkers, I stood there, and rolled my eyes. I couldn't even enjoy the cupcake, the vibe in the place made it not taste as good.
However, the decoration on the cupcake was cute. Each cupcake was smothered in frosting and sprinkles were around the sides.

I wish my experience could have been better, but I guess there's always going to be bad experiences once in a while! I mean if you're in the area, sure stop by, I just hope you don't have the same experience as I did. It's pretty disappointing.


-Nancy

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio