Sunday, May 23, 2010

Give me MORE cupcakes! (October 26, 2009)

On a rainy day what's better than shopping and getting cupcakes? Last Thursday Nancy, my roommate Connie, and I went downtown for a little shopping and also to get some delicious cupcakes. We stopped at More cupcakes, which is on the corner of State St and Delaware. We all loved the cupcake display! The store was pretty tiny though. Nancy got the Chocolate Champagne, Connie had S'more and I got White Velvet. Nancy enjoyed her cupcake, and we all voted and liked hers the best. The middle had a chocolate truffle filling, satisfying Nancy's chocolate fix. Connie's cupcake was chocolate, with a marshmallow filling and graham cracker frosting topped with a marshmallow. I had a white velvet, which was a vanilla cupcake topped with a vanilla cream (not too sure if that's what it was) and white chocolate curls. The cupcake was good, but i wasn't too crazy about the vanilla cream. If you decide to go to More cupcakes, beware that they don't have any seating. It's not really a place to sit down with friends. Although, they do have a ledge where you can stand to eat your cupcakes. They offer forks, but they have no water so bring your own.
Yesterday, my roommate Connie bought half a dozen of Sweet Mandy B's cupcakes for around $13. Connie recommends the snickerdoodle cupcake which I definitely want to try when Nancy and I go there. Connie let me have one of her cupcakes. I took a regular vanilla cupcake with bright blue frosting. This cupcake by far looks the most homemade. There was a lot of frosting on the cupcake, but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It was very cute because it was halloween themed with orange and black ghost sprinkles. I can't wait to visit Sweet Mandy B's.


-Melanie & Nancy =)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio