Thursday, January 24, 2013

What we have been up to!

Hey Cupcake lovers! 


Wow it has been a very long time since we have updated our site, and we want to apologize for that!!

During this past year, the only new cupcake place that we have visited was the “Cupcakery” in the Monte Carlos hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you are following us on Facebook, then you probably saw the pictures posted from that visit! From what I remember, the cupcakes there weren’t as good as they looked. 


The Cupcakery was very colorful and had a wide variety of different flavors. Melanie and our friend Sarah chose the vanilla cupcake and I chose the red velvet cupcake. According to the reviews online, the red velvet cupcake (of course) was said to be one of the best ones! However, it didn’t live up to its reviews; it was very dry and the frosting was sort of hard. It lacked flavor, and tasted too plain to me. I don’t remember if I liked Melanie’s cupcake or not, but it probably tasted a whole lot better than mine! L

Melanie moved back to the burbs so we try our best to visit cupcake places whenever she visits. We do however still bake cupcakes more than we go to cupcake bakeries.

My last cupcake batch I baked was a vanilla cake with an apple cinnamon filling topped with cinnamon frosting that I made for my coworkers at my previous job. Of course, they were successful =)! It’s always a great feeling sharing something you love to do with others!
Before that, I made Melanie a batch of strawberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream frosting for her birthday! Truthfully, I haven’t really had time to bake cupcakes all that often, school has been keeping me busy!

Melanie and I are going to be headed to the Derby races in May! And we are definitely going to hunt down a bakery with cupcakes to try! We found a few good ones on yelp, so hopefully we make it out to a new bakery soon!

Until next time cupcakers,

Nancy J

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio